Copyright 1994 Quinted Publishing Limited.
This is a beautiful and flavorful salsa. it can be the star of the meal spooned over salsa, spreading on toasted French bread, or just eaten with doritoes or scoops.
If you dislike anchovies, they can be left out. There are a lot of strong flavors competing here, so the heat of the jalepenos are not as noticible if you leave out the seeds.
- 7 oz
- jar pitted green olives, drained and chopped
- 3 oz
- can pitted black olives, drained and chopped
- 3 clove
- garlic, finely minced
- 2 medium
- jalepenos, minced, some seeds removed
- 1/3 c
- red onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 c
- sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 oz
- anchovy fillets (about 15) minced
- 1/4 c
- pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 Tbsp
- red wine vinegar
How to Make Olive Salsa
- 1Drain olives, and coarsley chop them, Mix all remaining ingredients and let flavors blend for 30 minutes before serving.
- 2To toast the pine nuts pre heat oven to 350°, spread them out, abd bake for about 5 to 10 minutes, watching closely they don't burn.