New York Style Corn Fritters
Anthony Nicometi Jr1
How to Make New York Style Corn Fritters
- 1In a large mixing bowl, combine the corn, celery, green onion, flour and white pepper and mix well. Lightly beat the eggs. Combine with the vegetable mixture.
- 2Heat a neutral oil in a wide deep pot to 350 degrees. or use a deep fat fryer.
- 3Spoon the corn fritter mix into the hot oil. Using the back of the spoon coated with oil, press down onto the fritter to flatten. Cook until golden brown on one side and carefully flip over to cook the other side.
- 4Remove to drain excess oil onto paper napkins. Season with salt immediately after frying.
- 5Enjoy hot! Dip in Soy sauce or Teriyaki sauce, I also think these would be good with a drizzle of Balsamic Vinegar :)