Mushrooms in Garlic Sauce
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 Tbsp
- extra virgin olive oil
- 4 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 small
- dried red chili, crumbled (or 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes)
- 2 lb
- white button mushrooms (cleaned and stems removed),halved
- 1/2 tsp
- salt, or to taste
- 1/2 c
- fino sherry (or dry white wine)
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped fresh parsley
How to Make Mushrooms in Garlic Sauce
- 1Heat the oil over medium heat in a large, heavy nonstick skillet. Add the garlic and chili or red pepper flakes and cook for about 30 seconds.
- 2When the garlic begins to sizzle, add the mushrooms and turn the heat to medium high. Cook, stirring, until they sear and begin to sweat, then sprinkle them with salt and add the white wine or sherry. Turn the heat down to medium, and continue to cook, stirring or tossing in the pan from time to time, until the mushrooms are tender, five to 10 minutes.
- 3Stir in the lemon juice and parsley, taste and adjust seasonings, and remove from the heat. Serve immediately in heated ceramic dishes (to retain warmth),or serve on a platter with toothpicks inserted in mushrooms.
This can be made several hours (or a day) in advance. Follow Steps #1 and #2. cover, and store in refrigerator. When ready to serve, re-heat gently and stir in the parsley and lemon when re-heating.