Marinated Tokyo Turnips/Hakurei Turnips
- 1 bunch
- tokyo turnips, scrubbed, trimmed and sliced into 1/4' rounds
- 1/3 c
- rice vinegar (reduced from 1/2 cup, add more if desired)
- 1 Tbsp
- coarse salt, to taste (i used french grey)
- water, to cover
- black sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp
- fresh ginger, grated
How to Make Marinated Tokyo Turnips/Hakurei Turnips
- 1Combine sugar, salt and vinegar in a medium-sized bowl and stir until sugar is dissolved. Add turnips and add water to cover. Stir to combine. 5 Set aside for 15 minutes.
- 2Remove the turnips from the liquid and arrange on a platter or in a shallow bowl. Garnish with the black sesame seeds and a light grating of fresh ginger.
- 3Serve at room temperature. You can also serve the marinated turnips over the turnips greens (if you saved them). Clean the turnips tops well first in a salad spinner.