Mango Spring Rolls
2 ozvermacelli, thin rice
8rice paper circles (8 1/2 inces in diamater)
4 largelettuce leaves, ribs removed, halved lengthwise
1 largecarrot, shredded
2mangoes, peeled and sliced
1/2 cbasil, fresh
1/2 cmint, fresh
4 ozbean sprouts, fresh (1 cup)
·Spicy Thai Vinaigrette
How to Make Mango Spring Rolls
- Soak vermicelli in 2 cups warm water for about 15 minutes.
- Drain and set aside. Dip sheet of rice paper in warm water (approximately 110 degrees) and transfer to work surface that is covered with a damp kitchen towel.
- Wait about 30 seconds or until wrapper is pliable.
- Place a lettuce leaf on the bottom two-thirds of the rice paper, leaving a 2-inch border of paper on the bottom.
- Place 2 tablespoons vermicelli, 1 tablespoon shredded carrots, 2 slices of mango, 1 tablespoon each of basil and mint, and 2 tablespoons bean sprouts on top of the lettuce.
- Fold up the bottom 2-inch border of rice paper over the filling and fold upward again to enclose the filling.
- Fold in the right, then the left edges of the wrapper.
- Continue folding until a tight cylinder is formed.
- Transfer to a serving tray and cover with a damp paper towel.
- Continue filling and rolling until all ingredients are used up.
- Serve with Spicy Thai Vinaigrette as a dipping sauce.
- Note: If you are in a hurry, simply julienne all the filling ingredients; toss well to combine and use to fill the wrappers.
- Makes 8 spring rolls.