Mango Spring Rolls
- 2 oz
- vermacelli, thin rice
- rice paper circles (8 1/2 inces in diamater)
- 4 large
- lettuce leaves, ribs removed, halved lengthwise
- 1 large
- carrot, shredded
- mangoes, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 c
- basil, fresh
- 1/2 c
- mint, fresh
- 4 oz
- bean sprouts, fresh (1 cup)
- Spicy Thai Vinaigrette
How to Make Mango Spring Rolls
- 1Soak vermicelli in 2 cups warm water for about 15 minutes.
- 2Drain and set aside. Dip sheet of rice paper in warm water (approximately 110 degrees) and transfer to work surface that is covered with a damp kitchen towel.
- 3Wait about 30 seconds or until wrapper is pliable.
- 4Place a lettuce leaf on the bottom two-thirds of the rice paper, leaving a 2-inch border of paper on the bottom.
- 5Place 2 tablespoons vermicelli, 1 tablespoon shredded carrots, 2 slices of mango, 1 tablespoon each of basil and mint, and 2 tablespoons bean sprouts on top of the lettuce.
- 6Fold up the bottom 2-inch border of rice paper over the filling and fold upward again to enclose the filling.
- 7Fold in the right, then the left edges of the wrapper.
- 8Continue folding until a tight cylinder is formed.
- 9Transfer to a serving tray and cover with a damp paper towel.
- 10Continue filling and rolling until all ingredients are used up.
- 11Serve with Spicy Thai Vinaigrette as a dipping sauce.
- 12Note: If you are in a hurry, simply julienne all the filling ingredients; toss well to combine and use to fill the wrappers.
- 13Makes 8 spring rolls.