Jalapeno Poppers - just 3 ingredients
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 pkgcream cheese, room temperature
8 slicebacon, uncooked
How to Make Jalapeno Poppers - just 3 ingredients
- Cut the ends off of each jalapeno. I recommend wearing gloves while doing this if you are new to dealing with hot peppers. Then cut the peppers in half, lengthwise, to create two "boats" out of each one.
- Take a knife or a serrated spoon, (I use my grapefruit spoon) to scrape the seeds AND the ribs out of each half of each pepper. If you think you would like more heat, then keep the ribs, if you want these as hot as they come, skip this step totally.
- After cutting and cleaning your peppers, I cut the room temperature cream cheese to size for each pepper. Meaning if the pepper is 1" long then I cut the cream cheese to fit it. It should be about 1/4" thick- 3/8" thick and press it into each pepper half.
- After stuffing all the peppers with cream cheese, cut each bacon piece to length as well. (Usually this recipe says to WRAP each pepper with a strip of bacon. I don't because the bacon on the bottom doesn't get crispy, just soggy,...yuck). Now I like more meat than fat on my bacon so I actually spend the time to cut of SOME of the fat and just put a strip of fat lined bacon on each pepper over the cream cheese. This makes these peppers taste like Cool Ranch Dorito Chips. No spices needed.
- Put them in the oven, (I use a toaster oven), to broil them until the bacon is done to your liking. The cream cheese may brown a bit at the edges, but it is so good!
- I let them cool for about 5 minutes. They are great warm, but I love them cold for a quick Keto breakfast.