18medium to large jalapeno peppers
8 ozcream cheese, room temperature
4 ozgrated mexican four-cheese blend or cheddar cheese
1 tspchili powder, or to taste
1/2 tspgarlic salt
2scallions (green onion), trimmed, white and green parts minced
8-10 slicethin-cut bacon
How to Make Jalapeno Poppers
- Cut each jalapeno in half lengthwise and remove the ribs and seeds. A baby spoon or demitasse spoon works well for this. (You may want to wear latex gloves)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, Mexican cheese, chili powder and garlic salt until well blended. Stir in the scallions. Transfer the mixture to a quart resealable plastic bag.** With a scissors, cut about 1/2-inch off one of the lower corners to make a pastry bag. Squeeze the cheese mixture into the jalapeno pepper halves.
- Cut the bacon crosswise into pieces long enough to wrap around the middle of each jalapeno, seam-side down.
- Arrange on a baking sheet covered with foil or parchment paper.
- Roast the jalapenosat 350° for 30-40 minutes or until the peppers have softened, the bacon is cooked, and the cheese is hot and bubbly. Let cool for a few minutes before serving.
- **I did not use the resealable bag. Instead, I just used a small knife and spread the filling into the peppers.