Grilled portabello and tomato snacks
How to Make Grilled portabello and tomato snacks
- 1Slice tomatoes in fairly thick slices, if you are using a smaller size portabello, you will need on one slice per portabello.
- 2Drizzle olive oil on both sides of portabello and tomato slices. Sprinkle with cracked black pepper if desired.
- 3Place on med heat grill and cook on both sides until tender. The tomatoes will cook quicker than the mushroom.
- 4Remove and place portabello on plate, top with a little cheese and grilled tomato. If necessary you can pop into micro for a few seconds to melt cheese, or place several on a baking sheet and place in hot oven or low broiler just long enough to melt cheese.
- 6FYI I did not drizzle with balsamic vinegar but I bet that would add an awesome layer of flavor.