Grilled Eggplant Sandwich
- 1-2 large
- eggplant (cut 8 equal slices)
- 1 jar(s)
- red peppers, sliced (4) equal pieces)
- 1 large
- fresh portabello mushroom cap, sliced
- 4 slice
- turkey bacon cooked, cut in 1/2
- 4 oz
- mozzarella cheese, low-fat
- 4 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 Tbsp
- mixed herbs, dried
- kosher salt & pepper to taste
How to Make Grilled Eggplant Sandwich
- 1Slice eggplant. Sprinkle salt on both sides and place on paper towels. This will draw out the water. After 15 minutes, pat dry the eggplant. Brush egglant with 1 tbsp of olive oil. Sprinkle both side with herbs, salt and pepper.
- 2On a hot grill pan, add 1 tbsp olive oil. Grill eggplant about 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove from pan.
- 3Add 1 tbsp olive oil to grill pan. Add sliced mushrooms and brown on both sides. Remove from pan.
- 4Add 1 tbsp olive oil to grill pan. Grill red pepper3 about 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove from pan.
- 5In a oven proof pan place 4 slices of eggplant followed by cheese, bacon, mushrooms, red pepper and more cheese. Broil on high until the cheese has melted. Take out of oven and place eggplant slice on top. Enjoy