Grilled Eggplant Sandwich
1-2 largeeggplant (cut 8 equal slices)
1 jar(s)red peppers, sliced (4) equal pieces)
1 largefresh portabello mushroom cap, sliced
4 sliceturkey bacon cooked, cut in 1/2
4 ozmozzarella cheese, low-fat
4 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
1 Tbspmixed herbs, dried
·kosher salt & pepper to taste
How to Make Grilled Eggplant Sandwich
- Slice eggplant. Sprinkle salt on both sides and place on paper towels. This will draw out the water. After 15 minutes, pat dry the eggplant. Brush egglant with 1 tbsp of olive oil. Sprinkle both side with herbs, salt and pepper.
- On a hot grill pan, add 1 tbsp olive oil. Grill eggplant about 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove from pan.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to grill pan. Add sliced mushrooms and brown on both sides. Remove from pan.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to grill pan. Grill red pepper3 about 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove from pan.
- In a oven proof pan place 4 slices of eggplant followed by cheese, bacon, mushrooms, red pepper and more cheese. Broil on high until the cheese has melted. Take out of oven and place eggplant slice on top. Enjoy