FUN TURKEY RELISH TRAY
Inspired By: www.eatingwithfoodallergies.com
- romaine or leaf lettuce
- cucumber, sliced
- red bell pepper
- yellow bell pepper
- green bell pepper
- bag of baby carrots
- black beans or black olives
- 1/3 celery stalk
How to Make FUN TURKEY RELISH TRAY
- 1Start with your peppers. Cut each one into slices - crosswise - forming rings. Then cut each ring in half. (Save the bottoms of the peppers for later... they'll form the turkey body!!) Cut a piece of the red pepper - about 1/2 inch - to use later for the turkey face.
- 2Get started laying things out by first laying lettuce leaves across your platter until the surface is completely covered. Start forming "feathers" by creating a circle out of your cucumber slices toward the bottom of the platter. Above them, take your red peppers and make a half-circle. Do the same with the yellow and then green peppers. Next, use your baby carrots in a row above the pepper row... laying them down vertically not horizontally.
- 3Next, create the turkey's "body" and "face." Identify where you'd like to place the "eyes" and insert 1/2 a toothpick into those two spots. Black beans will create the eyes, so push a single bean onto the end of each toothpick...being careful that the toothpick doesn't go all the way through.
Create a "beak" by cutting a triangle out of the bottom of the yellow pepper that you set aside. Using a toothpick, attach it just below the "eyes." Then, take the small red pepper slice you set aside at the beginning and use a toothpick to place it just left of your "beak."
- 4Create your "legs" with the celery stalk that have been cut in half the long way. Form the "feet" by making two slices from the end of each stalk to just before the center. Soak them in an ice water bath in the fridge until the ends begin to curl up. When ready, positing the "legs" so that they're protruding from underneath the cucumber layer. Now... you're ready to serve! Dunk into your favorite dip and enjoy!!!