Fried Green Tomatoes
Rose Mary Mogan
4-6firm green tomatoes
1 tspgranulated garlic power
1/2 tspblack pepper
1 cyellow corn meal, or panko bread crumbs
1/2 call purpose flour
·hot oil for frying
How to Make Fried Green Tomatoes
- Add enough oil to a skillet to fry tomatoes as deep fried, or enough oil about 1 and a half inch deep where you will need to turn them over & brown on otherside.
- Wash tomatoes. Remove stem ends and slice into 1/4 to 1/2 inch slices. Mix dry ingredients together and dredge each tomato slice into dry mix on both sides.
- Heat oil till hot enough to fry tomatoes till crisp, about 350 to 375 degrees F. CAREFULLY drop tomato slices into hot oil, and deep fry until golden brown.Place on paper towel to absorb oil. Serve immediately while still hot.
- SECOND METHOD: May also use 1 cup buttermilk, or 2 beaten eggs to coat tomatoe slices on each side and then dredge in dry ingredients and fry till golden brown.
- NOTE: Serve plain, with Catsup, Tarter Sauce,hot sauce or Chili Sauce, what ever you prefer. They are good either way.
- NOTE: Panko bread crumbs is a Japanese bread crumb, and when used, food is very crispy on outside and tender and juicy on inside. Best deals to buy them I order from Amazon.