Easy Ham and Asparagus Roll-Ups
Any leftover prosciutto is also great wrapped around spears of fresh cantaloupe, so we usually buy a little extra to make some of those to serve alongside.
- fresh asparagus spears, trimmed to width of ham slices
- 8 oz pkg
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tsp
- prepared horseradish, to taste
- 1/2-1 tsp
- sugar, to taste
- 1/4 tsp
- dried dill weed
- 1 pinch
- salt and pepper
- 15 slice
- good quality prosciutto ham
How to Make Easy Ham and Asparagus Roll-Ups
- 3Drain and dry asparagus spears. Spread cream cheese mixture onto prosciutto slices in moderate layer, then place 2 asparagus spears across the width of ham slice. Roll up asparagus in cream cheese mixture to end of ham strip. Keep refrigerated until served.
If you are finicky about uniform appearances, you can slice off the bottom of each with a sharp knife after refrigerating a while for exactly flat and matching edges (cook gets to eat the scraps!).
These are colorful, quick and easy, and very unusual snacks to serve as many people have never tasted them before. The sweet, salty, and spicy elements blend together with the savory asparagus to make an explosion of mouth feel and flavor! Always a hit at our house, or when we take them to parties.