Easy Dill Pickles
- approximately 1/2 peck of cucumbers
- 7 1/2 c
- 1/2 c
- apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 c
- distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 c
- pickling salt
- 2 bunch
- dill weed
- 2 Tbsp
- pickling spice
- 2 clove
- yum yums (tiny sweet peppers)
How to Make Easy Dill Pickles
- 1bring water, vinegars and salt to a boil. Let boil for 3-5 minutes, making sure to stir so that salt is dissolved completely
- 2wash and slice cucumbers. You can leave whole or slice into spears as well.
- 3in 5 quart ice cream bucket that has been washed and dried or any other bowl that has a lid of this size, place a layer of pickles. Cut the heads off of the dill weed and place in bucket.
- 4add pickling spice then layer cucumbers and the rest of the dill weed into bucket. Place 2 cloves of garlic cut in half and several yum yums or any other type of pepper that you think would be good pickled.
- 5when vinegar liquid has boiled let cool for a few minutes then carefully pour over pickle mixture in bucket. Place a plate or saucer on top to weigh pickles and peppers down so they don't float to the top or they won't have as much flavor as the rest of them.
- 6let sit on counter at room temperature for about 24 hours, then place in refrigerator for 5-7 days or when the taste is to your liking. You can store in the refrigerator right in the pail for about a month. If you want to keep them longer you will need to transfer them to a jar or something with a more airtight seal.