Easter Bonnet Cheese Spread
I have made this recipe and used it for an Easter Buffet.
This recipe and photo is from Land O'Lakes.
- 12 oz
- cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 c
- land o'lakes butter, softened
- 2 c
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 oz
- can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 3 Tbsp
- finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1/4 c
- sliced green onions
- 3 Tbsp
- chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 tsp
- ribbon= carrot curls and long flat peel
- edible flowers= such as pansies or rose buds
- basil leaves or parsley=leaves
How to Make Easter Bonnet Cheese Spread
- 1Cheese mixture:
Combine cream cheese and butter in medium bowl; beat at medium speed until creamy. Reserve 1/2 cup. Cover cup and refrigerate.
Add all remaining cheese ingredients and beat at medium speed until well mixed.
- 2To form crown of hat.; line a 11-ounce custard cup with plastic wrap, extending over edges.
Firmly press 1 1/4 cups mixture into cup; cover with plastic wrap.
- 3To make hat brim:
Place remaining cheese mixture onto serving plate. Shape into 9-inch round; cover with plastic. Refrigerate crown and brim until firm(2 hours)
- 4Remove cheese mixture from chilling 1 hour before using.
Remove all plastic wrap; invert crown onto center of brim. Peel off plastic. Reshape if necessary with your hands.
Frost hat with reserved cream cheese in cup.
Use carrot peels for ribbon.
Garnish with flowers and leaves.Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Best to make day before- and keep covered until ready to use then decorate and place veggies and munchies on.
To create carrot ribbon, peel one carrot. Use vegetable peeler to make long flat slices; attach where crown and brim meet.
Pull table knife from hat ribbon to edge of brim to create a decorative design on hat brim.