Cream Cheese Penguins
How to Make Cream Cheese Penguins
- Cut a slit from top to bottom, lengthwise, into the side of each jumbo olive.
- Carefully insert about 1 teaspoon of cream cheese into each olive.
- Slice the carrot into eighteen 1/4 inch thick rounds; cut a small notch out of each carrot slice to form feet. Save the cut out piece and press into center of small olive to form the beak. If necessary cut a small slit into each olive before inserting the beak.
- Set a jumbo olive, large hole side down, onto a carrot slice. Then, set a small olive onto the large olive, adjusting so that the beak, cream cheese chest and notch in the carrot slice line up. Secure with a toothpick.
- Cut roasted red pepper strips into a long thin slice and wrap around the penguin's 'neck' to form a scarf, and/or add a dab of cream cheese to the penguin's head, and put a dollup of red pepper on top to make a hat.