Cheese topped Portabello Mushrooms
- portabello mushrooms
- 6 oz
- dubliner cheese, grated
- 2 large
- tomatoes, skinned, cored and finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh basil, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- eggs, separated
- 4 Tbsp
- kerrygold irish butter, melted
How to Make Cheese topped Portabello Mushrooms
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Wipe the mushrooms with a damp paper towel, remove the stems, and chop finely. Place the mushrooms, cup side up, on a baking sheet.
- 3In a bowl, combine the stems, cheese, tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper, and egg yolks. With an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into the cheese mixture, then spoon onto the mushrooms.
- 4Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the cheese is browned.
- 5Serves 8 as a first course,
Serves 4 as a side dish.