5 cwhite wine dry
5 cmonterey jack cheese cubed small
1 largeegg beaten
1 tspworcestershire sauce
2 cmushrooms skiced
5 tspgarlic powder
How to Make CALIFORNIA RAREBIT
- Melt one tablespoon of butter in top of a double.
- Add the wine and heat, stir in 2 cups of the cheese.
- Heat until melted.
- Add a little of the cheese mixture to the beaten egg and then add egg mixture back into the cheese.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the worcestershire sauce and basil, set aside keeping the sauce warm.
- Saute the mushrooms in the remaining butter until just tender then sprinkle with garlic powder and remove from heat.
- Arrange toast points or triangles on a heatproff plates.
- Spoon the sauce over the toast then top with the sauteed mushrooms.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and broil until bubbly.