"Bunny Chow...not your ordinary meal"
This humble yet delicious street delight known as "Bunny Chow".
This is not an ordinary meal that you can order at top restaurants. You have to make sure to grab one on the go.
It's an hollowed out 1/4 or 1/2 loaf of bread filled with HOT,steaming curry..hence that's a Bunny Chow a meal fit for a king.
1 cdried pinto beans
1 largeonion peeled and finely chopped
3 mediumripe tomatoes chopped
3 mediumgreen chiles, whole
1 tspchili powder
1/2 tspturmeric powder
1/2 tspcoriander powder
1/2 tspcumin powder
1 1/2 tspsalt
1/2 tspginger paste
1/2 tspgarlic paste
1/4 ccooking oil
3 sprig(s)coriander stems for garnish
How to Make "Bunny Chow...not your ordinary meal"
- boil the pinto beans till absolutely soft and mushy
beans must be boiled very slowly to ensure thick mushy gravy.Add more water if required when ready remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat oil in frying pan and add the whole chilies and onions and saute until onion turns soft and lightly brown.
- add the chopped tomatoes and cook until the moisture has evaporated.
- add all the spices and 2 tbsp of water and cook until the spices have blended with the tomatoes.
- add the simmering beans and cook slowly on low heat till the gravy is thick and the onions cannot be seen in the gravy.
- serve a ladle full of piping hot bean curry into the hollowed loaf of bread...garnish with coriander and break pieces of the soft bread...dip into curry and enjoy..promise its finger and lip licking good.