- a drizzle of evoo, unless you're cooking pork bacon
- 4 slice
- turkey bacon (blondie uses pork)
- small leek, quartered lengthwise~white and tender green parts, rinsed, dried and chopped
- 1 pinch
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 8 oz
- low-fat or reg cream cheese, softened @ room temperature
- plum (roma) tomato, seeded and finely chopped
How to Make BLT Spread~Rachel Ray
- 1Place small skillet over med heat with a drizzle of EVOO. Once the skillett is hot, add chopped bacon and cook, stirring frequently for 3-4 minutes till crispy. Drain off fat.
- 2Add the leeks to the pan and season with a pinch of salt and pepper to taste. Cook till leeks are tender, 2-3 minutes. Cool in a bowl for 1 minute.
- 3Combine with cream cheese, then fold in the tomato.
- 4Spread light;y on toasted bagels as a snack or lunch, or on nice crackers as an appetizer with wine, beer, or cocktails.