Baked Bacon and Jack-stuffed Jalapenos
If you like it spicier, use pepper-jack cheese.
12 largejalapeno peppers
1/4 ccooked bacon, chopped
1/4 conion, minced
1/2 cmonterey jack cheese, shredded
1/4 cfresh cilantro, chopped
1 1/2 tspground cumin
1 tspdried oregano
2 ozmonterey jack cheese, cut into 24 2-inch sticks
How to Make Baked Bacon and Jack-stuffed Jalapenos
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Slice jalapenos in half lengthwise. Scrape out all the seeds and ribs from each jalapeño with a spoon.
- Mix together all the filling ingredients except the jack cheese sticks.
- Pack the filling into the peppers and nestle a stick of jack cheese onto the filling of each one.
- Arrange the peppers on prepared baking sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and lightly browned, and the peppers are cooked.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.