☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4 slicebacon, thick-cut
5 ozshitake mushrooms
3 ozbutton mushrooms
½ largesweet onion
½ tspdried basil
1 box2 pie crust
1 cfontina cheese, grated
4 smalltomatoes, ripe, sliced
1 Tbspmixed herbs, fresh - chives, basil, parsley
How to Make Bacon, Tomato and Mushroom Galette
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat, turning often, until crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Remove crisp bacon with a slotted spoon to a plate. Pour the bacon drippings into a small dish. Return 2 tablespoons on the drippings to the skillet.
- Add mushrooms and onion to skillet.
- Cook and stir until golden, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat and cool. Season with basil, salt and pepper. Mixture can be refrigerated for up to several days.
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- Roll one refrigerated pie crust between sheets of floured wax paper into a 1/8-inch thick circle.
- Remove the wax paper and carefully transfer the dough to a baking sheet.
- Smear 1 to 2 tablespoons reserved bacon fat over the crust leaving a 2-inch border.
- Spread half of the mushroom mixture over the crust, leaving a 2-inch border.
- Top the mushrooms with 1/4 cup of the cheese, then with half of the crispy bacon (diced), sliced tomatoes and herbs.
- Top with another 1/4 cup of the cheese.
- Fold the border of the crust up and over the filling.
- Repeat to build a second galette.
- Bake galettes, rotating pans occasionally, until crusts are nicely golden, about 25 minutes.
- Cool a few minutes before cutting into wedges. Serve warm.