Texas BBQ Blue Crabs
- 1 bottle
- cheap bbq sauce or whichever brand you perfer.
- 12 large
- blue crabs
- 1 bottle
- tex joy steak seasoning(not as salty as seafood) or tony's
How to Make Texas BBQ Blue Crabs
- 1Go catch you some blue crabs or buy them if you must. Clean blue crabs by peeling shell off, remove pinchers(keep these, you can boil them) and clean inside cavity of the body. Remove lungs. Keep whole.
- 2Lay flat in pan season with TexJoy or Tony's very generously, then take bbq sauce and pour about tablespoon in the cavity of the body. Refrigerate for 1 hour or over night.
- 3Put on low heat grill or charcoal grill. Cook slowly when the bbq sauce starts to bubble and the crabs start turning red, about 10 minutes, take pastry brush, dip in the cavity and spread all over the body of the crab and cook for another few minutes until the legs get crispy. Be careful they can burn easily. Then serve hot off the grill. If you need a lesson on how to eat them that is a whole different chapter.
- 4Crab claws: scrub clean, put in cold water add seasoning (crab boil), chunks of celery, lemon, onions and bell pepper to water. Boil 5 minutes, drain and chill. Crack claws and enjoy.