Of course, regular shrimp cocktail sauce uses ketchup, so I was wracking my brain about what else to use in its place. I think this recipe just about does what it needs to...and then some!
- bag of frozen shrimp (i used 14 oz extra large, peeled/deveined)
- 1/2 c
- franks chili sauce
- 1/2 tsp
- prepared horseradish
- 1 Tbsp
- kraft hot'n'spicy mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp
- crushed red pepper flakes
- crushed garlic
- 1 tsp
- lemon juice
- sliced lemons & few sprigs of parsley (garnish)
How to Make Shrimp Mocktail
- 1Arrange chilled shrimp on platter or serving tray, leaving opening for where the sauce will go (keep refrigerated until serving time).
- 2In small mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
Mix well & taste. (not written in stone; these ingredients can be adjusted to bring heat quotient to your own preference.)
- 3Spoon sauce into decorative bowl & place on tray in center of shrimp.
- 4Add lemon slices & parsley to garnish.
Keep everything chilled until ready to serve!