Leslie Speed Dutton
My best friend and I used to borrow my Mom's Mazda Miata and cruise the Galveston sea wall during the summer months. We would stop at Fish Tails, along with several other sea wall restaurants, and order these and a drink. Shrimp Kisses are SO addictive.
- 10-13 large
- shrimp, peeled and deveined. get the largest available.
- 10-13 slice
- bacon, thin cut
- 1/2 lb
- pepper jack cheese (or monter ray jack)
- toothpicks, wood only!
- vegetable oil for frying
How to Make Shrimp Kisses
- 1Heat vegetable oil to 350 degrees.
- 2Clean and devain 1 pound of jumbo shrimp. Slice each shrimp down the center using the sand vein as your guide, careful not to cut all the way through. Also known as butterflying.
- 3Slice cheese in approx. 1/4 inches thick so that you have one piece of cheese for each shrimp. Place one slice of cheese into each shrimp where you butterflied it.
- 4Wrap each stuffed shrimp with a slice of bacon, securing it with a toothpick.
- 5Fry the finished shrimp for approximately 3-5 minutes or until bacon is crispy and shrimp is pink. Drain on paper towels. Enjoy! :o)