Blue Ribbon Recipe
What a fun twist on shrimp cocktail! It makes for an impressive presentation... and tastes as good as it looks! The Test Kitchen
- 2 - 3 lb
- fresh raw shrimp
- 1/4 ea
- green pepper, red, yellow, orange thinly sliced (i like to use multi colors peppers, they look so pretty)
- bermuda onion thinly sliced
- juice from lemons
- 2 Tbsp
- worchestshire sauce
- 18 oz
- open pit original barbeque sauce
- fresh cilantro chopped
- lemon thinly sliced for garnish
How to Make Shrimp Cocktail
- 1Clean, devein, remove tails, and quickly steam shrimp, be careful not to over cook. Set aside to cool in large serving bowl.
- 2Slice your onions and peppers. You can add more pepper and onion slices if you like . I add mostly by how its proportioned to everything else.
- 3Chop some cilantro. About a handful, the amount is mostly to your taste.
- 4When shrimp is cooled, add peppers , onions, cilantro, worchestshire sauce, juice from 2 lemons, and the whole bottle of OPEN PIT.
- 5Mix well. Cover. Place in refrigerator for a couple hours to chill through, it helps the flavors meld. Mix well,Garnish with lemon slices. Serve.