Scallop Ceviche with Avocado
- 1 lb
- bay scallops
- 1/2 lb
- medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, cut in half
- 1/2 c
- fresh lime juice (6 to 8 limes)
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1/3 c
- finely minced red onion
- roma tomato, seeded and diced
- radishes, halved, finely sliced
- jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/4 c
- chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 large
- avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
- cilantro sprigs
How to Make Scallop Ceviche with Avocado
- 1Place scallops and shrimp in simmering salted water; cook 1 minute or until just opaque. Drain completely.
- 2Arrange scallops and shrimp in a single layer in a large shallow glass or ceramic dish.
- 3In a medium bowl combine lime juice, oil, onion, tomato, radishes, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well. Spoon lime juice mixture over scallops and shrimp. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- 4Spoon scallops and shrimp into individual glass dishes. Serve with avocado slices and cilantro sprigs.