PFI Shrimp Pizza (Colorful language redacted)
Janice Joy Miller
One might ask... what does PFI stand for? Pretty F* Incredible.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 1/3 corganic whole wheat flour
1 tspkosher salt
1 tspactive dry yeast
1 tsporganic sugar
2/3 clukewarm water
·cornmeal for dusting pizza stone
1 jar(s)spinach artichoke dip with cheese (or any 4 ounce container of same)
1 lbjumbo shrimp, peeled, deviened, sliced in half
1/2 largesweet onion, chopped
4 ozgrated kasseri cheese
·salt, pepper, red pepper flakes
How to Make PFI Shrimp Pizza (Colorful language redacted)
- At least 2 1/2 hours ahead of serving, mix together pizza crust ingredients with a wooden spoon.
- Let dough sit at room temperature, covered with a wet cloth or plastic wrap, for 2 to 5 hours to let rise. No more than 5 hours, or dough will develop alcohol.
- In the meantime, prep shrimp, onions, and spinach artichoke dip.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 450F.
- Prepare a pizza stone by wiping with oil then dusting with cornmeal.
- When dough has risen, dip hands in flour and stretch it out to pizza size.
- Place pizza dough directly on stone, or on a pizza slider covered with cornmeal. (I just put it right on the stone.)
- Spread spinach, artichoke, cheese dip (room temperature) all over crust.
- Cover with shrimp, then onions, then kasseri cheese.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt & pepper, and red pepper flakes (optional).
- Bake until golden. Makes one large thin crust pizza.