PFI Shrimp Pizza (Colorful language redacted)
Janice Joy Miller
One might ask... what does PFI stand for? Pretty F* Incredible.
- 1 1/3 c
- organic whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp
- kosher salt
- 1 tsp
- active dry yeast
- 1 tsp
- organic sugar
- 2/3 c
- lukewarm water
- cornmeal for dusting pizza stone
- 1 jar(s)
- spinach artichoke dip with cheese (or any 4 ounce container of same)
- 1 lb
- jumbo shrimp, peeled, deviened, sliced in half
- 1/2 large
- sweet onion, chopped
- 4 oz
- grated kasseri cheese
- salt, pepper, red pepper flakes
How to Make PFI Shrimp Pizza (Colorful language redacted)
- 1At least 2 1/2 hours ahead of serving, mix together pizza crust ingredients with a wooden spoon.
- 2Let dough sit at room temperature, covered with a wet cloth or plastic wrap, for 2 to 5 hours to let rise. No more than 5 hours, or dough will develop alcohol.
- 3In the meantime, prep shrimp, onions, and spinach artichoke dip.
- 4When ready to bake, preheat oven to 450F.
- 5Prepare a pizza stone by wiping with oil then dusting with cornmeal.
- 6When dough has risen, dip hands in flour and stretch it out to pizza size.
- 7Place pizza dough directly on stone, or on a pizza slider covered with cornmeal. (I just put it right on the stone.)
- 8Spread spinach, artichoke, cheese dip (room temperature) all over crust.
- 9Cover with shrimp, then onions, then kasseri cheese.
- 10Sprinkle lightly with salt & pepper, and red pepper flakes (optional).
- 11Bake until golden. Makes one large thin crust pizza.