Neely's Jumbo Coconut Shrimp and dipping sauce
I have made it a few times, and it is "off the hook" as Guy says.
This was done in Feb of 2010.
If you make it, be sure to include the dipping sauce because it is excellent as well.
·peanut oil for frying
1 1/2 lbjumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 cpanko bread crumbs
1 csweetened flaked coconut
·salt and pepper to taste
1 call purpose flour
1/2 Tbsponion powder
1/2 Tbspgranulated garlic powder
6 ozjar orange marmalade
1/4 csweet asian chili sauce
1 mediumlime, juiced
How to Make Neely's Jumbo Coconut Shrimp and dipping sauce
- Make the dipping sauce by combining the marmalade, chili sauce, and lime juice, cover and chill.
- Pre heat oil in fryer or fry pan to 350°
- Butterfly shrimp.
- In a bowl combine the panko bread crumbs and the coconut.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs, and add salt and pepper.
- In a third bowl, combine the flour, onion and garlic powder together.