- bags of mussels
- 2 jar(s)
- classico spicy basil spaghetti sauce
- 1 pinch
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 lb
- 1 tsp
- minced garlic
- 1 lb
- fresh spinach
- loaf of garlic bread
How to Make Mussels Diablo
- 1Scrub mussels, clean and slice mushrooms, wash spinach and remove any tough stems
- 2Steam mussels - And put garlic bread in oven.
- 3In an everything pan I barely spray a little olive oil, add garlic and sauté lightly, add mushrooms and continue sautéing just a few seconds, drain any fluid from mushrooms. Add tomato sauce (Classico Spicy Basil sauce) and let simmer for 15-20 minutes. Top with the spinach, cover pan until spinach is wilted, approximately 4-5 min. Stir well once spinach is wilted.
- 4The mussels should be done right around the same time as the sauce and the bread. Drain and discard any unopened mussels.
- 5Put mussels on a platter with open mussels facing up. Pour sauce, with wilted spinach over the platter, covering the mussels. Slice garlic bread and cut into triangles, place garlic bread around edge of platter.