Layered Shrimp Appetizer
This will be a hit with your family and friends! I promise.
Wish I could tell you where I got it. (My mother claims I taught her how to cook. I sure didn't get it from her, but I do think I improved the dish slightly from it's original version.) I think I got this recipe from a cookbook a long time ago.
Let me know how you and your family like this scrumptious shrimp recipe, ok?
- 12 ounces
- to 1 pound of salad shrimp, cooked and peeled (i buy it frozen from walmart), set aside 2 tbsp. of the shrimp
- (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp
- sour cream
- 2 tsp
- worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp
- lemon juice (real lemon juice brand or squeezed from a fresh lemon)
- 1/2 tsp
- ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp
- minced garlic or 2 fresh minced garlic cloves
- 1 (12 oz) bottle
- shrimp cocktail sauce
- 1/2 c
- green onions, chopped
- 1/2 c
- green bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups
- finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- *optional* half jar of pimentos for added color and appeal
- *optional* 1/2 cup of sliced ripe olives
Next, drain any excess water from your clean, cooked, thawed shrimp and place on top of the cocktail sauce.
GARNISH with the reserved shrimp sprinkled atop the Mozzarella dish. (Please do not forget this step because some people are allergic to shellfish.)
Chill and serve with Ritz Crackers or crackers of your choice.
If you do not have Shrimp Cocktail Sauce, but you have chili sauce, substitute it and serve with tortilla chips, corn chips etc...