Grilled Tiger Prawns with Hunan Sauce
NOTE: You can use a mix of fresh herbs, depending on your tastes, i.e. fresh mint, basil, etc.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 1/2 lbtiger prawns, extra large
1 choisin sauce
1/3 coyster sauce
1/4 csoy sauce, low sodium
1/4 cdry sherry
1 Tbspblack bean sauce
1 Tbspchili sauce
1/4 cfresh gingerroot, peeled and minced
10 clovegarlic, peeled and minced
2shallots, peeled and minced
1/2 cfresh cilantro, chopped (see note)
How to Make Grilled Tiger Prawns with Hunan Sauce
- Remove shells and devein the prawns. Leave tails on.
- Zest and juice the limes. Combine with the other ingredients, except prawns.
- Place prawns in a zipper-type pastic bag and pour marinade over them. Mix well to coat prawns, seal and let marinate 15-20 minutes.
- If using skewers, thread prawns on them. Pour remaining marinade into a small saucepan. Bring marinade to a low boil for 30 seconds. Keep warm.
- Grill prawns for 5-10 minutes, turning once, until they turn pink and opaque.
- To serve prawns, place on a platter and pour heated marinade over them, or serve marinade as a dipping sauce.