Deep Fried Oysters
I think this recipe is simple, yet packs big flavor. I hope you enjoy it.
1 1/4 ccups cracker meal, see note
1/2 ccup flour
1/2 tspgarlic powder
1/4 tsponion powder
1/4 tspblack pepper
1 lbstandard gulf or eastern oysters packed in their juices
·peanut or canola oil for frying
How to Make Deep Fried Oysters
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium high heat until a thermometer registers 350 to 375 degrees.
- Mix together the cracker meal and flour and spices. Place cracker meal mixture in a shallow pan or food storage bag.
- Shake oysters from oyster juices. Add enough oysters to cracker meal to fit into the first batch of hot oil
- Fry until oysters float to the top, about 3 minutes, turning once with tongs.
- Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining oysters. Serve with lemon wedges.
- Note: to make cracker meal crush saltine crackers or oyster crackers in a food storage bag. Roll with a rolling pin to achieve very fine crumbs.