Deb's Crab Rangoon
8 ozcream cheese, softened at room temp
8 ozfresh crab meat or canned crab meat, drained and flaked
1/2 tsplea & perrins worcestershire sauce
1/2 tspsoy sauce
6 Tbspcrushed pineapple
1 pkgwon ton wrappers
1small bowl water to be used for sealing the wrapper
·oil for deep-frying, as needed
How to Make Deb's Crab Rangoon
- Combine the cream cheese, pineapple and crab meat. Mix in the remaining filling ingredients (up to the wonton wrappers) one at a time.
- On a flat surface, lay out a won ton wrapper in front of you so that it forms 2 triangles (not a square). Wet the edges of the won ton.
- Add 1 teaspoon of filling to the middle, and spread it out toward the left and right points of the wrapper so that it forms a log or rectangular shape (otherwise the wrapper may break in the middle during deep-frying).
- Fold over the edges of the wrapper to make a triangle. Wet the edges with water and press together with fork to seal.
- Keep the completed Crab Rangoon covered with a damp towel or paper towel to keep them from drying out while preparing the remainder.
- Heat wok and add oil for deep-frying. When oil is ready (the temperature should be between 360 - 375 degrees), carefully slide in the Crab Rangoon, taking care not to overcrowd the wok. Deep-fry until they are golden brown, about 3 minutes, turning once. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain. Serve hot with Sweet and Sour Sauce or Chinese Hot Mustard.