Crispy Shrimp Poppers
Daune (pronounced "Dawn") Browne
20uncooked medium shrimp, peeled & deveined
4 ozcream cheese, softened
1 call-purpose flour
2eggs, slightly beaten
2 cpanko (japanese) bread crumbs
·oil for frying
How to Make Crispy Shrimp Poppers
- Butterfly the shrimp along the outside curves. Spread about 1 teaspoon cream cheese inside each shrimp.
- Cut bacon strips in half lengthwise; wrap a piece around each shrimp and secure with toothpicks.
- In 3 separate shallow bowls, place the flour, eggs and bread crumbs. Coat the shrimp with flour; dip into eggs, then coat with bread crumbs.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375 degrees. Fry shrimp, a few at a time, for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels. Discard toothpicks before serving.