Crispy Shrimp Poppers
Daune (pronounced "Dawn") Browne
- uncooked medium shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 4 oz
- cream cheese, softened
- bacon trips
- 1 c
- all-purpose flour
- eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 c
- panko (japanese) bread crumbs
- oil for frying
How to Make Crispy Shrimp Poppers
- 1Butterfly the shrimp along the outside curves. Spread about 1 teaspoon cream cheese inside each shrimp.
- 2Cut bacon strips in half lengthwise; wrap a piece around each shrimp and secure with toothpicks.
- 3In 3 separate shallow bowls, place the flour, eggs and bread crumbs. Coat the shrimp with flour; dip into eggs, then coat with bread crumbs.
- 4In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375 degrees. Fry shrimp, a few at a time, for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- 5Drain on paper towels. Discard toothpicks before serving.