Crab-Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes and more
Its also good on celery,zucchini. You can use your imagination with this one.
TIP for the Day:
Cutting Green Onions
I recently tried a recipe that called for 3/4 cup green onions. Instead of using a knife, I found that snipping the onions with a pair of kitchen scissors took only a few seconds. —Kristy B., Kelowna, British Columbia
- cherry tomatoes
- fresh snow peas
- 1 can(s)
- crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 2 Tbsp
- reduced-fat spreadable cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp
- finely chopped green onion
- 2 tsp
- reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tsp
- chili sauce
- 1 tsp
- lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp
How to Make Crab-Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes and more
- 1Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out and discard pulp; invert tomatoes onto paper towels to drain.
- 2Meanwhile, place snow peas in a small saucepan; add 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place peas in ice water. Drain and pat dry. With a sharp knife, split each pea pod along the curved edge.
- 3In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Fill tomatoes and peas with crab mixture; arrange on a serving platter. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 4Nutritional Facts
1 appetizer equals 14 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 38 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.