★★★★★ 1 vote5
- olive oil cooking spray
- whole wheat pitas (about 6 inches in diameter) split in half and cut into 8 wedges each
- 1 tsp
- whole cumin seeds
- 1/2 lb
- crab meat, clean and free of shell pieces
- 1 c
- loosely packed baby spinach leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c
- green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 Tbsp
- low fat sour cream
- 1/2 tsp
- 3 oz
- part skim mozzarella cheese, grated (about 1 cup)
How to Make Crab Nachos with toasted cumin and sour cream
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Arrange pita wedges in a single layer (not touching) on baking sheet and toast in oven for 2 to 3 minutes, until crisp. Set aside.
- 2Heat a small skillet over medium-low heat. Add cumin and toast for 1 to 2 minutes,stirring often,until cumin is fragrant and a shade darker. Place cumin in a large bowl with crab,spinach,pepper,sour cream and paprika. Mix well until sour cream coats crab and vegetables.
- 3Top pita wedges with crab mixture,dividing evenly.Sprinkle with mozzarella and bake for 10 to 15 minutes,until mozzarella melts and topping is warm. Serve immediately.
- 4TIP: If you are not a fan of whole cumin seeds, simply place them in a clean coffee grinder after toasting and pulse until they turn to powder.