2 Cheese Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
We live right on the ocean here in Florida and have friends that shrimp and are generous with their catch.
I have to come up with new ways to fix shrimp.
The first time I saw a freshly caught shrimp, I freaked, because they truely are a homely little critter. I got over that real quick though!
24 largeshrimp. as least 21 to 25 count, or larger
3 ozcream cheese ( i like the individual packets for this
2 ozblue cheese crumbles
2 Tbsphot sauce
1 tspdill weed
1 ceither prepared ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing for dip
How to Make 2 Cheese Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- Pre cook the bacon slightly in the microwave for maybe 50 seconds. You want to do this step so the bacon and shrimp cook the same length of time,
- Put paper towels on a plate, single layer of bacon, cover with paper towels. Repeat until all bacon is pre cooked.
- Peel and devein shrimp, or buy them that way.
- Put blue cheese crumbles in a small bowl
- In the space the shrimp was deveined, put a rounded teaspoon of cream cheese in. The individual packets work well here, cut the end off and you have a mini piping bag.
- Dip the filled shrimp, cream cheese side down into the blue cheese crumbles, the blue cheese will stick to the cream cheese.
- Wrap each shrimp in a slice of bacon, secure with a toothpick, and place in a single layer on a large platter. Repeat for all shrimp.
- Sprinkle hot sauce over all, sprinkle with dill weed.
- Deep fat fry in small batches until golden, maybe 4 minutes per batch.
- Seve with prepared Ranch or Blue cheese dressing.