2 Cheese Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
We live right on the ocean here in Florida and have friends that shrimp and are generous with their catch.
I have to come up with new ways to fix shrimp.
The first time I saw a freshly caught shrimp, I freaked, because they truely are a homely little critter. I got over that real quick though!
- 24 large
- shrimp. as least 21 to 25 count, or larger
- 3 oz
- cream cheese ( i like the individual packets for this
- 2 oz
- blue cheese crumbles
- 24 slice
- 2 Tbsp
- hot sauce
- 1 tsp
- dill weed
- 1 c
- either prepared ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing for dip
How to Make 2 Cheese Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- 1Pre cook the bacon slightly in the microwave for maybe 50 seconds. You want to do this step so the bacon and shrimp cook the same length of time,
- 2Put paper towels on a plate, single layer of bacon, cover with paper towels. Repeat until all bacon is pre cooked.
- 3Peel and devein shrimp, or buy them that way.
- 4Put blue cheese crumbles in a small bowl
- 5In the space the shrimp was deveined, put a rounded teaspoon of cream cheese in. The individual packets work well here, cut the end off and you have a mini piping bag.
- 6Dip the filled shrimp, cream cheese side down into the blue cheese crumbles, the blue cheese will stick to the cream cheese.
- 7Wrap each shrimp in a slice of bacon, secure with a toothpick, and place in a single layer on a large platter. Repeat for all shrimp.
- 8Sprinkle hot sauce over all, sprinkle with dill weed.
- 9Deep fat fry in small batches until golden, maybe 4 minutes per batch.
- 10Seve with prepared Ranch or Blue cheese dressing.