Pa Pa OOOO Ma Ma MMMMpanadas
The name was changed to football fest empenadas, and it was featured on their cover.
I put my own spin on this, seems like I can't leave well enough alone, and the reaults were really good.
These would be good for a light supper, or heartier appetizer for a super bowl party.
Serve these with sour cream, and the rest of the sal
2 pkg15 ounces each ready to bake rolled pie crusts
16 ozjar black bean and corn salsa
2 to 3 mediumjalepenos seeded, and veins removed it you like mild,if you like heat, leave the seeds in.
6 Tbspfrozen corn, thawed
2 Tbspfreshly squeezed lime juice
1/4 cfresh cilantro, chopped
9 ozpackage southwest style carved chicken breast
6 ozpepper jack cheese, grated
1 smallegg, beaten
How to Make Pa Pa OOOO Ma Ma MMMMpanadas
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Dice the jalepenos and pepper jack cheese, chop the cilantro, and chop the chicken a little smaller.
- Mix 6 tablespoons of the salsa, corn, and lime juice in a large bowl.
- Add your jalepenos, cheese,and cilantro.
- Open pie crust up, and cut in half, then halve again.You should have 4 triangles of dough.
- Repeat for the rest of the pie dough.
- On one of the pie dough triangles, spread about 4 tablespoons of filling, leaving a small rim around the outside clear.
- Brush all around the edges with beaten egg, and top with another pie crust triangle.
- Seal all around with tines of a fork.
- Repeat for all the remaining pie crusts, you should have 8 empanadas.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes,or until golden.
- Serve with sour cream and the remainder of the salsa.