Pa Pa OOOO Ma Ma MMMMpanadas
The name was changed to football fest empenadas, and it was featured on their cover.
I put my own spin on this, seems like I can't leave well enough alone, and the reaults were really good.
These would be good for a light supper, or heartier appetizer for a super bowl party.
Serve these with sour cream, and the rest of the sal
- 2 pkg
- 15 ounces each ready to bake rolled pie crusts
- 16 oz
- jar black bean and corn salsa
- 2 to 3 medium
- jalepenos seeded, and veins removed it you like mild,if you like heat, leave the seeds in.
- 6 Tbsp
- frozen corn, thawed
- 2 Tbsp
- freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 c
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- 9 oz
- package southwest style carved chicken breast
- 6 oz
- pepper jack cheese, grated
- 1 small
- egg, beaten
How to Make Pa Pa OOOO Ma Ma MMMMpanadas
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- 2Dice the jalepenos and pepper jack cheese, chop the cilantro, and chop the chicken a little smaller.
- 3Mix 6 tablespoons of the salsa, corn, and lime juice in a large bowl.
- 4Add your jalepenos, cheese,and cilantro.
- 5Open pie crust up, and cut in half, then halve again.You should have 4 triangles of dough.
- 6Repeat for the rest of the pie dough.
- 7On one of the pie dough triangles, spread about 4 tablespoons of filling, leaving a small rim around the outside clear.
- 8Brush all around the edges with beaten egg, and top with another pie crust triangle.
- 9Seal all around with tines of a fork.
- 10Repeat for all the remaining pie crusts, you should have 8 empanadas.
- 11Bake for 15 to 18 minutes,or until golden.
- 12Serve with sour cream and the remainder of the salsa.