Ginger Chicken Wonton Bites
2 lbground chicken
4 Tbspginger, finely chopped
1 bunchgreen onions
1 jar(s)hoisin sauce
1 can(s)water chestnuts, finely chopped
2 cshredded cabbage
2 Tbspsoy sauce
2 tspgarlic powder
2 pkgwonton wrappers
·salt and pepper to taste
·vegetable oil for frying
How to Make Ginger Chicken Wonton Bites
- In a skillet cook chicken through if you are using ground chcken. I have also poached 2 pounds of chicken breasts and then chopped it finely in the food processor and you will ge the desired texture that way.
- Place cooked ground chicken in a large mixing bowl. Add the remaining ingredients, except for wonton wrappers. Mix thoroughly. At this time check for flavor: saltiness, soy sauce, garlic powder, and pepper. Adjust depending on your taste.
- Place a tablespoon of mixture in the middle of a wonton wrapper.
- Wet fingertips and run around the edges of wonton to moisten. Pull up corners to the center and squeeze together, creating a small pouch or purse. Set aside on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or cornstarch so pouches won't stick.Continue this process until all misture has been put into wontons.
- Heat oil in a deep pot, enough oil to immerse pouches. Place about 5 or 6 pouches and hot oil. Cook until wonton turns golden brown. Continue until all pouches are fried. Serve with sweet and sour sauce. I have a sweet and sour sauce recipe in my box.