Wonton Jalapeno Poppers
- 8 oz
- package of cream cheese (plain)
- 8 oz
- tub spreadable cream cheese (chive & onion)
- 1 c
- fancy shredded pepper jack cheese (or your choice)
- 1 Small can(s)
- chopped jalapenos
- 1 pkg
- real bacon bits (found in salad dressing isle)
- drops of hot sauce (optional)
- bowl of water (for sealing wontons)
- canola nonstick cooking spray or canola oil for frying
How to Make Wonton Jalapeno Poppers
- 1Combine softened (room temp) cream cheeses, shredded cheese & bacon.
- 2Drain Jalapenos reserving liquid. Add 1T of Jalapeno juice plus the chopped Jalapenos and mix well. You don’t want the mixture too wet or soupy.
- 3On a cutting board or flat, clean surface lay out 4-8 wonton wrappers and drop approximately a teaspoon of the mixture into the middle of each wrapper.
- 4wet all 4 edges of wonton, fold the wonton point to point offsetting slightly, pinch together then bring the bottom two points together and seal. Instructions for folding are on the wonton package.
Spray a sheet pan with canola nonstick cooking spray and place wontons onto the pan. Spray each of the wontons with canola spray, bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes turn them and bake another 5 minutes.
Heat 3-4 inches of Canola or vegetable oil in a fryer or heavy pot on top of your stove. Carefully place several wontons into oil they should be frying and bubbly immediately when you put them in. Do not over load your fry oil or the heat will come down and make them oily and soggy. Fry for 3-5 minutes until golden brown.