T'S HOT SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP
8 ozcream cheese (1 brick,) softened
2 or 3 cloveroasted garlic, minced (approx. 1/2 tablespoon) see note*
1/3 cmayonnaise (dukes preferred)
1/3 csour cream
1 pinchsea salt
1/2 tspblack pepper (freshly ground tellicherry preferred)
1/2 cparmesan cheese, freshly grated
1 1/2 cshredded mozzarella cheese, divided
10 ozfrozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry in paper towels
1 jar(s)marinated quartered artichoke hearts (12 oz.,) drained and chopped
How to Make T'S HOT SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP
- *NOTE: To roast garlic cut the top off of 1 bulb, place on a square of aluminum foil, drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Tightly wrap garlic bulb in the foil; bake at 425 degrees F for 45 minutes or until garlic is very soft.
- Gather and prep all ingredients. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Use butter, or butter flavored cooking oil spray, to grease an 8"x8" baking dish.
- By hand or with hand mixer, in an average size mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and garlic until smooth and well blended; beat in mayonnaise, then beat in sour cream, salt and pepper until fairly smooth.
- (If using mixer, now is the time to clean off beaters and switch to a sturdy spoon.)
- Mixing well after each addition, add parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese, spinach and artichokes.
- Spoon mixture into prepared dish and smooth it out. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella evenly over top.