Tasty Mushroom Mini Sandwiches
As a mushroom lover, I can verify that these are GOOD - I have served them to family and friends often!
I haven't made these in a while, so photo is by Bing. Actual sandwiches look the same, but have an attractive golden color.
- 1 and 1/2 c
- fresh mushrooms, very finely minced
- 1 Tbsp
- thinly sliced shallots or whites of green onions
- 4 Tbsp
- butter, divided
- 3 Tbsp
- 1/2 c
- chicken stock or broth
- 1/2 c
- heavy cream
- dash cayenne
- dash ground nutmeg
- dash salt
- dash pepper
- 21 slice
- firm white bread, sliced thin
How to Make Tasty Mushroom Mini Sandwiches
- 1Mince mushrooms and shallots. Saute in 2 tablespoons of the butter. Allow liquid from the mushrooms to cook down.
Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in separate pan; stir in flour. Add chicken stock, cream, cayenne, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Cook until mixture becomes quite thick. When mixture is thick, add the mushroom mixture.
- 2Trim crusts from bread. Spread some mushroom mixture on one slice of bread, add second slice on top of that slice and add more mixture on that slice. Then add the third and final slice.
*Don't spread mushroom mixture to the edges of bread or it will ooze out.
There should be enough mixture to make 7 triple decker sandwiches.
- 3Pre-heat oven or toaster oven to 400 degrees. Toast sandwiches 10 to 12 minutes, or until they are slightly golden. Cut each sandwich into three fingers and serve warm.