Smoked Salmon Sushi Roll
2 cjapanese sushi rice
6 Tbsprice wine vinegar
6 sheet(s)nori (dry seaweed)
1avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
1cucumber, peeled and sliced
8 ozsmoked salmon, cut into long strips
2 Tbspwasabi paste
How to Make Smoked Salmon Sushi Roll
- Soak the rice for about 4 hours. Drain rice and cook in a rice cooker with 2 cups of water. The rice must be slightly dry as the vinegar will be added later.
- As soon as the rice has been cooked, mix in 6 T. rice wine vinegar to the hot rice. Spread the rice on a plate or cutting board until completely cooled.
- Put 1 sheet of nori on a bamboo mat, press a thin layer of cool rice onto it. Leave at least 1/2 inch top and bottom edge of the nori uncovered. This is for easier sealing.
- Dot some wasabi on the rice. Arrange cucumber, avocado and smoked salmon onto the rice. Position thema bout 1 inch away from the bottom edge of the nori.
- Slightly wet the top edge of the nori. Roll from bottom to the top edge, with the help of the bamboo mat, tightly. Cut roll into 8 equal pieces.
- Repeat for other rolls.