Blue Ribbon Recipe
This simple dish has great flavor... largely due to the fresh tomatoes and prominent basil! I used 3 large tomatoes when I prepared the dish, but feel free to adjust to your liking.
[Read more about this recipe in Janet's Notebook!] The Test Kitchen
1 mediumloaf french bread cut into 1 inch slices
4 mediumtomatoes, chopped
8 ozmozzarella cheese, grated
1/4 cgrated parmesan cheese
1/2 smallonion, chopped
1/2 smallsweet red (bell) pepper, chopped
1 bunchfresh basil, chopped
2 clovechopped garlic
3 Tbspbalsamic vinegar
3 Tbspextra virgin olive oil
1 tspcoarse sea salt (to taste)
1 tspcoarse ground black pepper (to taste)
1 tspfresh oregano (or 2 tsp. dried)
How to Make Simple Bruschetta
- Mix all ingredients except cheese and bread in a mixing bowl. Set aside and let flavors blend.
- Toast bread to light, golden brown and remove from oven.
- Mix mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.
- Spoon tomato mixture onto bread. Drizzle with juice (tomato, oil, vinegar) from mixing bowl. Top with cheese. Continue until all ingredients are gone.
- Place in oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden. Remove and serve!