- 3 c
- shredded monterrey jack
- 4 large
- 4-5 jalapenos chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 - 4 tbs. milk or half & half or cream
- 1/2 c
- bread crumbs, dry
- crushed red pepper to taste(use more for hotter bites)
- salt & pepper to tase
- cornmeal and buttermilk for coating
How to Make Rattlesnake Eggs
- 1In large bowl, combine cheese, peppers, milk, and breadcrumbs. Mix well by hand, then form small egg shapes.
- 2Roll the “eggs” in mixture of cornmeal and seasonings, then dip them in buttermilk and roll them in cornmeal again.
- 3Freeze for at least 30 minutes so they will stay together in hot grease.
- 4Fry until golden brown (about 2 minutes). Drain and serve with ranch dressing or your favorite dip.