Mummies in a Blanket
12 ozpackage andouille chicken sausage, or favorite cooked sausage
8 ozpackage refrigerated crescent rolls
1/4 cpepper jack cheese, shredded
1 Tbspjalapeno, minced
How to Make Mummies in a Blanket
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside. Cut each chicken sausage in half lengthwise. Cut each sausage piece in half again, width wise.
- Set aside. Remove crescent roll dough from package. It should look like a large square.
- rush the square with butter and sprinkle with pepper jack cheese and jalapeño and press down into dough.
- Cut dough in ¼ inch wide strips. Starting with one piece of sausage, take half a strip and wrap it around the pointed end of the sausage and pinch at the top to seal.
- Take a full strip and wrap the bottom half of the sausage, ensuring you leave a thumb’s width of sausage unwrapped.
Place mummy on baking sheet and repeat the process with remaining sausage until mummies are assembled.
- Bake mummies for 15 minutes or until golden on the outside. For eyes use a chop stick to poke holes into the sausage, then fill holes with a piece of minced jalapeño.