Left over rice balls
Well I thought hmm I can do this with left over rice I had in my fridge, here is what I came up with, my family loved it, I baked rather than fried them since we try not to fry much anymore, they still were nice and crispy. Hope you enjoy it.
How to Make Left over rice balls
- 1pre heat oven to 450 degrees place a cooling cookie rack over top of a cookie sheet and spray with pam, this will allow the heat to cook evenly around the balls and keep the balls crisp.
- 2In a bowl mix the rice, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, 1 egg, garlic powder and seasoned salt ( you can season anyway you wish this was my preference) the cream cheese is needed to have to keep the rice together.
- 3in a dipping bowl whisk the second egg with water to make an egg wash, in another dipping bowl add the bread crumbs
- 4Make the rice mixture in to balls similar to the size of a meatball, dip in the egg wash and roll in the breadcrumbs, place on the prepared cookie sheet continue until all the mixture is used, depending on the size we got 7 rice balls out of the mixture.
- 5bake at 450 degrees for about 45 mins or until golden brown, be careful they will be hot inside.