Japanese - Temaki Sushi (Hand Roll)
- cups cooked sushi rice
- 10 sheets of nori
- fresh sashimi (raw fish) of your choice (salmon, tuna, shrimps, scallop, yellowtail, salmon roe...)
- tamago yaki (japanese omelette)
- vegetables of your choice
- ( shiso leaves, cucumber, sprouts, radish, avocado, mango....)
- meats or another of your choice (optional)
- ( teriyaki chicken, beef steak, cheese...)
- soya sauce
- sesame seeds (optional)
- umeboshi (optional)
SAUCE & TOPPINGS
How to Make Japanese - Temaki Sushi (Hand Roll)
- 1Make the sushi rice.
- 2Slice the all sashimi tight and thin.
- 3Cut the nori in quarter.
- 4Place the sushi rice and fillings on the plate. That's all for preparation.
- 5Eating steps....
- 6Place the nori on the palm of your hand (shiny side down). Put a super thin layer of sushi rice and shiso leaves or other vegetable.
- 7Dip the piece of sashimi or whatever you chose into the soy sauce and wasabi, and lay it on top of the vegetables.
- 8Put other sauce, toppings, and fillings like vegetables, sesame seed, and salmon roe, etc. on top of the sashimi
- 9Roll it up into a cone shape.
- 10Note: Chose super fresh sashimi (fish) ! If the sashimi isn't fresh, you will taste it.
• If you can't roll it perfectly, that's okay, just have fun!