8 ozpackage cream cheese, softened
1/2 cgrated cheddar cheese
1green onion, sliced
18 slicethin bacon, cut into halves
·bottled bbq sauce, your favorite
How to Make Jalapeno Poppers
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
- Cut the jalapenos in half lengthwise. Try to keep the stems intact for presentation. With a spoon, scrape out the seeds and light-colored membranes (if you love spicy, go ahead and keep some in).
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and chopped green onion. mix the ingredients together gently. You can either do this by hand or with a mixer.
- Stuff each hollowed jalapeno half with the cheese mixture.
- Wrap bacon slices around each half, covering as much of the surface as you can. Be careful not to stretch the bacon too tightly around the jalapeno,as the bacon will contract as it cooks.
- Brush the surface of the bacon with your favorite bbq sauce. (Chutney or apricot jelly works well, too!)
- Secure the jalapenos with toothpicks and pop them in the oven for about 1 hour, or until the bacon is sizzling.
- Serve hot or at room temperature