Gingered Butternut Squash Soup
My kids LOVED it so much, I make it every year, and they call it "pumpkin pie soup"! Don't tell them that it's healthy!!
- olive oil
- large yellow onion, diced
- cloves of garlic
- 1-2 tsp
- curry powder
- 2 pkg
- pre-cut fresh butternut squash (from trader joe's)
- 1 box
- vegetable stock (i use kitchen basics)
- 1 can(s)
- coconut milk (standard size can, you can use "light" coconut milk, make sure it's unsweetened)
- sea salt/ground white pepper
How to Make Gingered Butternut Squash Soup
- 1In a large pot, sauté the Onion, Garlic, and Ginger with the Curry Powder in Olive Oil until the Onion is translucent.
- 2Add the Butternut Squash. Turn the heat up to med-high, and "roast" the Butternut Squash in the pan (let the Squash brown on each side before turning)
- 3When the Butternut Squash is golden on each side, slowly add the Vegetable Stock. This will bubble and boil - reduce to a low simmer, and turn the heat down to Med/Med-Low
- 4Cover the pot, and simmer for about 20 minutes, until the Butternut Squash is soft.
Turn the heat off.
- 5While the pot cools a little, prep your blender. You'll need: Blender, Dish Towel, Ladle, Large Bowl.
- 6Blend the Butternut Squash mixture until smooth. You will have to do this in batches. Be sure to put the dish towel over the top of the blender before turning it on so it doesn't splat everywhere!
Put the already blended soup in the Large Bowl, as you blend in batches. When all the soup is blended, return to the pot.
- 7Gently heat the soup back up. Whisk in the Coconut Milk. Season with Sea Salt and White Pepper to taste.